Login with username, password and session length

News: New board called Shoreline, which is a Chapter by Chapter discussion of Torment

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallen: Chapter 2- Fit to be Tied  (Read 2995 times)
arriane
Sword & Cross Newbie

« on: January 02, 2010, 06:52:46 PM »

Chapter 2 reminds me a bit of my own high school.  Okay, it wasn't a reform school but the descriptions of the graffitied desks, in particular the image of Todd carving something intricate with his pen, certainly brought back memories.
Dark_Angel
Arriane's Acquaintance

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 10:35:57 PM »

I liked the whole "dark" idea of the school you know, like its not a convetional place, its a perfect setup for the story to develop
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

Angels don't always have wings

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:32:19 PM »

It cements the idea that Luce is in her own personal Hell, which ironically is where she meets her guadian angel/ love of her lives. to me it seems that the idead of darkness and th friendliness of Cam in contrast to the uncouth behavior of Daniel is to give us a curve ball. the summary mentions Daniel, but hes colder than ice.
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 02:58:08 PM »

Answer what ypu want and post your own...Here are my questions for chapter 2:

• Is Cam trying to win Luce over starting at this very point? Or do he and the other angels not know who she is. SUrely by her appearance alone they can tell right?
  • On page 45 (standard hardback eddition), Cam and Arirane have a quick snippet about free will. it goes like this.... A: I'm sorry, did I not make myself clear? I've already called dibs on this one. C:See, I thought there was still such a thing as free will. Maybe your pet has a path of her own in mind. Is this a toss back to the War in heaven in which Cam presumably chose "free will" and perhaps Arriane did too, but rebukes it to be in the holier sect of fallen angels?
  • Is is just a coincidence that Arriane asked Luce not to float any secret notes her way becasue she was surrounded by other angels?
  • Page 42 Arrianne references Daniel's interest on his meal (ignoring Luce) as "he wouldnt be able to hear the call of Satan". Is this a figure of speech or not?
  • Molly's crack of Arriane's probation....school/law or angelic?
  • Did the shock really hurt Arriane or just faking?
  • Daniel was annoyed by the meatloaf incedent. Any thoughts? Just becasue Molly and Arriane made Luce a public spectacle or what else?
  • Is Gabbe still trying to become Luce's friend by offereing her the makeup?
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 07:41:23 PM »

Thougths?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: