Login with username, password and session length

News: New board called Shoreline, which is a Chapter by Chapter discussion of Torment

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas and Feedback  (Read 21191 times)
Eligor
Administrator
Sword & Cross Newbie

« on: April 01, 2010, 08:19:17 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I run the Fallen Forum and just want to say a big thanks to everyone that has posted on the forum so far.  I'm a huge fan of the book and can't wait for the release of Torment.  If anyone has any ideas or feedback on how to improve the website feel free to post them here or send me a PM.

AngelOnEarth had a great idea of having a count down widget to when Torment is released.  I will put that up on the site soon.  If I've missed any other ideas, please post them again here. 

All feedback is welcome.

Thanks. Smiley

Eligor
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

Angels don't always have wings

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:23:35 AM »

Hi.  Cheesy
Thank for using my idea. I was just thinking of the Twilight sites have the countdown widgets so Fallen needs the same.
CeeCee Star
Team Jacob/Paul/Daniel/Patch
Global Moderator
Watcher

Lauri's Little Vixen

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:20:29 PM »

I love the forum...its going in the right direction.  And I like the widget idea.  I'll tell you if I come up with anything.

Eligor
Administrator
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:07:38 PM »

Thanks AngelOnEarth, thanks CeeCee. 

I've put the countdown to the release of Torment up in the header.  Although I think it may Torment us, seeing that its 177 days away.  Smiley

Eligor
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 12:22:22 PM »

yay!   Grin
zeny
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 08:52:10 AM »

when and what date does torment come out?!?!?!
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 03:13:50 PM »

That would be september 28, 2010
FallenBoy
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 07:35:31 AM »

I think you need to update the top header. The Fallen logo is great but maybe change it to say Fallen Forum. You could also create a news ticker which is updated when news about Fallen is announced. The countdown widget is also a good idea but its not big enough! Other than that I can't think of much. You need to advertise the site on other sites and forums!

Hope this helps  Huh?

Sam
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 11:45:14 AM »

I agree with FALLENBOY. maybe more updates on the books. the Twilight Lexicon has a pretty goood setup and theyve become the top Twilight Forum
Eligor
Administrator
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »

Hi Fallenboy.  Luv your site.  Feel free to post your articles in our 'chapter by chapter' forum, they would be a great addition. Thanks for your ideas, keep them coming.

Its a pity there isn't more regular news for Fallen fans, but I'm sure that will change closer to the release of Torment and it'll take off when production starts on the movie. Either way I need to update the header more often.

AngelOnEarth, yeah the Twilight Lexicon is great site.  It was one of the sites that inspired for me to set up this one.  Obviously our forum has a long way to go, so everyone, keep the ideas coming.

Speaking of ideas, our forum has Post Count groups, with boring names like

I was thinking it would be nice to have them themed to the Fallen story. So everyone, get the thinking caps on and let me know if you have any suggestions.

Eligor
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 05:05:25 PM »

Just thought of these:

Newbie= Arriane's Slave   Smiley
Jr. Member= Cam's Intrest   Wink   
Full Member= Penn's Friend  Cheesy
Sr. Member= Watcher  Grin
Hero Member= Fallen Angel Angel

Speaking of ideas, our forum has Post Count groups, with boring names like

I was thinking it would be nice to have them themed to the Fallen story. So everyone, get the thinking caps on and let me know if you have any suggestions.

Eligor

Also, what numbers do the ranks change at?
I know "Newbie" is 50 posts.
Eligor
Administrator
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 05:36:49 PM »

I like it. Grin

The groups change at:

Newbie        0     
Jr. Member       50    
Full Member    100    
Sr. Member    250    
Hero Member    500

Which means AngelOnEarth, you are two posts away from being 'Penns Friend' and Dark_Angel is just two away from being Cam's Interest Smiley

Seeing as I know at least two male forum members, I'm not sure they'll want to be Cam's Interest Grin.  But that might make them post another 50 real quick.
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 06:16:01 PM »

ah yes... slight slip up. I will think. Jr. Member could be a play on a S&C Student.
FallenBoy
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »

That sounds cool, but I'm not sure that people would know who has a higher status. Fallen Angel should definitely be the Hero Member. If someone became part of the forum and had just started the book they might not understand the rankings, so we may have think more technically about this one.
Eligor
Administrator
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 08:58:14 AM »

That sounds cool, but I'm not sure that people would know who has a higher status.
There is always the star system, and post-count, to guide those who don't know.  It might be nice to have some of the higher levels called things only aficionados would know.  Any member of those groups are bound to have read the book, to have made that amount of posts.

I leave the suggestions open until the end of the week and then make the change.Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: