Login with username, password and session length

News: New board called Shoreline, which is a Chapter by Chapter discussion of Torment

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas and Feedback  (Read 21056 times)
CeeCee Star
Team Jacob/Paul/Daniel/Patch
Global Moderator
Watcher

Lauri's Little Vixen

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 03:27:56 AM »

Wow I like all the ideas.  I like having a Fallen Rank System.  Would look nice maybe.

And I do agree maybe logo should match the forum..."Fallen Forum" or something.  I have to go to work so I can't share more ideas...I'll be back!

FallenBoy
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 08:20:35 AM »

That sounds cool, but I'm not sure that people would know who has a higher status.
There is always the star system, and post-count, to guide those who don't know.  It might be nice to have some of the higher levels called things only aficionados would know.  Any member of those groups are bound to have read the book, to have made that amount of posts.

I leave the suggestions open until the end of the week and then make the change.Smiley

I see now, I was just thinking of new members. I was just wondering how you are advertising the forum?
CeeCee Star
Global Moderator
Watcher

Lauri's Little Vixen

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 09:38:35 AM »

I have an idea.  How about an affiliate program?  I would love to affiliate my Fallen forum with this one!

AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

Angels don't always have wings

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 09:48:06 AM »

that sounds cool
CeeCee Star
Global Moderator
Watcher

Lauri's Little Vixen

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 09:55:03 AM »

that sounds cool

I do too.  Affiliation programs are really good in getting different sites promoted and gaining a more steady/permanent fanbase.  My forum only has 3 members so far - only because its in the beginning phases.

Not only would I like to promote my site here, but I also want to promote this site too.   Grin

Eligor
Administrator
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 10:31:13 AM »

I think the affliation idea is a good one.  I'm going to create a page with a list affiliated sites.  Something like a banner per site and short description.  And those affliated sites could do something similar.

I was thinking of calling it 'Friends of Fallen', 'Fallen Friends'..... or something better. Smiley

What d'ya think?

If its okay with CeeCee and FallenBoy I'll put up links to your sites first.

Eligor.
Chris54
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 11:05:10 AM »

I totally recommend an affiliation page. That is the fastest quickest way to get your site/forum traffic. When you get a page, please let me know.. I handle affiliates on my site http://openbooksociety.com/our-affiliates/ and we would totally wanna become y'alls affiliate Smiley
CeeCee Star
Global Moderator
Watcher

Lauri's Little Vixen

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »

I think the affliation idea is a good one.  I'm going to create a page with a list affiliated sites.  Something like a banner per site and short description.  And those affliated sites could do something similar.

I was thinking of calling it 'Friends of Fallen', 'Fallen Friends'..... or something better. Smiley

What d'ya think?

If its okay with CeeCee and FallenBoy I'll put up links to your sites first.

Eligor.

Ok.  I'm linking this site now.
Affiliate back when you get it up and running:  http://zetaboards.com/fallenfans.  FallenBoy..you wanna affiliate too?  I'd love to have you apart of my forum as well.

AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 04:27:38 PM »

Are the new member ranks up!? sweet!
Eligor
Administrator
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 09:17:57 AM »

I'm linking this site now.
Thanks CeeCee.  I'm working on the affliates page now and should have it up later.

Are the new member ranks up!? sweet!
Yep, the new post-count groups are:Smiley

Sword & Cross Newbie 0
Arriane's Acquaintance  50
Penn's Friend 100
Watcher 250
Fallen Angel500

Big thanks to AngelOnEarth for her suggestions.Angel

I'm sure its something we'll come back to again, especially when the next books are published. Cool

Eligor
Administrator
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 01:06:29 PM »

A few people on the thread suggested the site's logo be changed to "Fallen Forum", so I have made it so.

And in the process....

The font is called Eremaeus and to get all the 'Fallen' letters (like the funny A,L,N,R) you need to use the extended character set (using Windows Character Map for instance).  Yes I know its sad, but such things interest geeks like me, who create websites.  Grin

Hey, I've just thought of something.  With that font someone could create what they think the Rapture cover might look like. Smiley
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 03:11:12 PM »

*bow*
Yay!  Grin This is going to be great.
CeeCee Star
Global Moderator
Watcher

Lauri's Little Vixen

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 01:31:30 PM »

Nice!  And thanks for joining my forum!

Eligor
Administrator
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 07:47:45 PM »

Thanks CeeCee.  I have the affiliates up now (sorry for the delay).  Your site is looking great BTW.
CeeCee Star
Global Moderator
Watcher

Lauri's Little Vixen

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 05:42:55 AM »

Thanks CeeCee.  I have the affiliates up now (sorry for the delay).  Your site is looking great BTW.

You're welcome!  Any help I can be, I will do so.  And thank you.  I like my forum too.  It getting slow getting off the ground, but with patience hopefully it'll become something special just like here.  Smiley

Thank you for your support too.  It means a lot.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: