Login with username, password and session length

News: New board called Shoreline, which is a Chapter by Chapter discussion of Torment

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallen: Chapter 19- Out of Sight  (Read 5722 times)
Eligor
Administrator
Sword & Cross Newbie

« on: April 06, 2010, 05:18:51 PM »

This is one of the biggest turning points in the book, and it got me thinking.  Its when Miss Sophia tells Luce

"... the reason you come back again and again is because all the other times you've been born, you were ushered into religious belief. This time, when your parents opted out of baptizing you, they effectively left your little soul up for grabs. No ritual to welcome you into religion equals no reincarnation for Luce. A small but essential loophole in your cycle."

So, if someone was to baptize her now, that would save her from being killed forever.  Obviously she could still be killed, but she would survive to live again.  Plus, from what I've read, anyone can baptize someone, you don't need a priest.  I wonder can a angel baptize her? or does it have to be a mortal?

It'll be interesting to see what happens in Torment.
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

Angels don't always have wings

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 05:28:05 PM »

I was thinking that. My family is Catholic and believes is baptism at birth, however my boyfriend is Baptist and was baptized a few years ago. Or maybe if she becomes more involved in religion is she will reborn. I cant wait...
CeeCee Star
Team Jacob/Paul/Daniel/Patch
Global Moderator
Watcher

Lauri's Little Vixen

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 04:02:32 PM »

At first I didn't understand what it meant.  I wasn't raised all religious and stuff.  I've never been baptized or ever attended CCD or church but then I re-read it a few times and then got it.

I thought that bit of information was interesting in the turn of events and interesting in how religion looks upon reincarnation.

HighAboveMe07
Arriane's Acquaintance

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »

I was baptized as a baby, but I am Christian. Im not too sure, it is a gray area, hopefully its cleared up in torment. I want to know soo much more and hate waiting!!

"Do you know what's worth fighting for, when it's not worth dying for. Does it take your breath away and you feel yourself suffocating"
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 05:29:21 PM »

thats what im hoping
CeeCee Star
Global Moderator
Watcher

Lauri's Little Vixen

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 06:14:24 PM »

Me 3!

HighAboveMe07
Arriane's Acquaintance

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 06:29:17 PM »

I just want to know why she is being killed all the time, who they are, and all that. Why is she reincarnated? Is she the only person who ever is? Is she something special?? lol I might go crazy if these answers are not answered in Torment....hopefully LK wont take the title literately, in tormenting us readers with no answers! Shocked Cry

"Do you know what's worth fighting for, when it's not worth dying for. Does it take your breath away and you feel yourself suffocating"
CeeCee Star
Global Moderator
Watcher

Lauri's Little Vixen

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »

I just want to know why she is being killed all the time, who they are, and all that. Why is she reincarnated? Is she the only person who ever is? Is she something special?? lol I might go crazy if these answers are not answered in Torment....hopefully LK wont take the title literately, in tormenting us readers with no answers! Shocked Cry

I'm glad I'm not the only one with those thoughts!

AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 05:53:18 PM »

youre one of three!  Wink

I'm glad I'm not the only one with those thoughts!
kasia_blueberry
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 11:21:43 AM »

This is one of the biggest turning points in the book, and it got me thinking.  Its when Miss Sophia tells Luce

"... the reason you come back again and again is because all the other times you've been born, you were ushered into religious belief. This time, when your parents opted out of baptizing you, they effectively left your little soul up for grabs. No ritual to welcome you into religion equals no reincarnation for Luce. A small but essential loophole in your cycle."

So, if someone was to baptize her now, that would save her from being killed forever.  Obviously she could still be killed, but she would survive to live again.  Plus, from what I've read, anyone can baptize someone, you don't need a priest.  I wonder can a angel baptize her? or does it have to be a mortal?

It'll be interesting to see what happens in Torment.

yeah but is it because she wasn't baptised that she can see the shadows and been able to kiss him and survive? It's like a veil being taken from her eyes!?!  Shocked

Can you please get over it and publish the book coz we're all dyin here: and i have to wait 4 the UK release  Angry
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »

Don't let Out of Sight be Ot of Mind....thoughts?
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »

• What could Miss Sophia be saying?
  • Why is Luce being sacraficed in the church? Why Does Miss Sophia want Daniel? What battle is she refering to?
  • Daniel finally saves her. Luce sees his wings. WHat would this scene have been like with Cam?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: