Login with username, password and session length

News: New board called Shoreline, which is a Chapter by Chapter discussion of Torment

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallen: Prologue- In the Beginning  (Read 6630 times)
kaydee
Sword & Cross Newbie

« on: December 31, 2009, 12:04:16 PM »

I've just started reading the book and seeing that there is a forum for a Chapter by Chapter discussion, I thought I'd share some feelings about the first few chapters.

Its a cool start to the book, setting it in England in 1854, with all the tension and social convention associated with that time and place.  Its interesting that there are no names mentioned in the prologue, and then suddenly our attention is shifted to current times in Savannah, Georgia.

I know there is already talk about there being more books to come and also some movies too.  I think the prologue itself could be expanded to make a good book itself.
I_love_daniel
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:44:05 PM »

Yeah i agree the prologue was cool. I think it would be interesting to see some of their past lives. I hope there will be a movie, i love the book so much  Smiley
Dark_Angel
Arriane's Acquaintance

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 06:28:47 PM »

Yes it was really cool, I would like to know how they meet for the first time!!!
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

Angels don't always have wings

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »

What would be amazing was if the movie was actually like the book. the prolouge was mysterious and set the color for the rest of the novel. because names were not used we are left to wonder who, why, what, how, when, where? Later we can wonder who it was in the beginning Cam or Daniel or if it was even luce being describe. obviously its daniel later but for the first sample of fallen it is both drawing and pulling us deeper in to the spine of this book.
Dark_Angel
Arriane's Acquaintance

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 09:33:52 PM »

What would be amazing was if the movie was actually like the book. the prolouge was mysterious and set the color for the rest of the novel. because names were not used we are left to wonder who, why, what, how, when, where? Later we can wonder who it was in the beginning Cam or Daniel or if it was even luce being describe. obviously its daniel later but for the first sample of fallen it is both drawing and pulling us deeper in to the spine of this book.

Totally agree, I hope they keep the prologue just like it is, Its a great introduction to the story
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 05:42:57 PM »

I'm in an AP Lit class so we do this all the time.  Smiley Dissecting a book, Digesting it, then spitting it back out in type is my fun. haha
Scarlet
Sword & Cross Newbie

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 01:36:27 PM »

It was nice. It showed us a bigger picture of his feelings for her...
Dark_Angel
Arriane's Acquaintance

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 09:58:26 PM »

It was so sublime, Ive read it again like 5 times
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 01:36:09 PM »

So I am rereading the series and will be doing a list of questions, provoking thoughts, ect. for each chapter.

• So what was her "flash of memory" before death? Is it normal? A proluge to now? What if Daniel had left for the americas before the kiss?
  • Will this life be in Passion?
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 07:46:22 PM »

Anyone want to comment?
brendaxD
Sword & Cross Newbie

brenda FELL on her head :P

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 09:28:38 PM »

all i have to say is that it really confused me at the beginning, then i read it after i read the whole book, then i was like "OHHH thats what it means", lmao
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 06:19:01 PM »

I had the same feeling too
taterbeans
Arriane's Acquaintance

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 07:22:32 PM »

So I am rereading the series and will be doing a list of questions, provoking thoughts, ect. for each chapter.

• So what was her "flash of memory" before death? Is it normal? A proluge to now? What if Daniel had left for the americas before the kiss?
  • Will this life be in Passion?

im preparation for passion (which i received today!!!) i am rereading the books to enjoy the story again! rather quickly so i can get to that book!!!!

anyways! on this prologue. which i totally love! i think her flash of memory can be like your whole life flashing before you die! and i sure hope that this life is in passion, or maybe just a bit expanded.  and i have to say i like that is from Daniel's POV, which i would love to read more of.  like the fallen book from Daniel's POV!!! just to know what he is thinking when he looks at her and to know what the others are thinking also.
AngelOnEarth
Global Moderator
Fallen Angel

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 09:04:50 AM »

id love a Dnaiel's PoV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: